Tuesday, July 7, 2020

How To: Learn Google Apps Script

Google Apps Script(GAS) is been here for a while and Google have been successful in enabling developers to be innovative in their various lineup of apps. From Office Productivity tools to web applications. So how to learn this? So, here are the steps I took to be confident with Google Apps Script(GAS). I've been using this methodology for 5 years now and earning enough money as a part time income.
  1. Get a Google Account. I think this is a no brainier and for sure you already have an account.
  2. Choose on what to achieve with this learning. As I've mentioned Google offers customization using this script with the Office productivity tools such as Sheets(which is the mostly used), Docs, Slides and etc. Or, you can create a standalone web application.
  3. Learn javascript. Yes, javascript. Don't worry, it's not that intimidating. Trust me. When you come into actual coding with Google Apps Script, you will be happy to find out that, on Google Sheets, there's the favorite feature of Macro recording. Yes, you heard me right. It's convenient. 
So, those are the 3 simple steps and stay tune on my blog for more articles about this topic. Thank you and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment