Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slimmer Kindle In August? Do I still want a Kindle?


An ebook was a hit and put the bulky and dusty books into antiquity. Very comfortable and portable, I could enjoy my favorite novels and any other genre of reading you want. I think it was supposed to evolve the conventional reading and turns the rest of it an eBook.

If the iPad hasn't come, how would the Kindle be any better? Will it be like the iPad anyhow? If we don't have the iPad, will the kindle have a multi-touch display. Will it be in multicolor and not in a mono-colored text display? Or a same old boring texts just as like the conventional books always have?

Well, those were the questions so far and besides the existence of the iPad, Kindle had to put out a slimmer version of it? What for? Is it a marketing strategy on its way to challenge the supremacy of the Apple's tablet?

Still a Plan.

Rumor, as we may call it, has it that Amazon is Planning to unveil a sharper picture Kindle and slimmer than it previously was. Instead of the mono-theme eBook, the color displays is still out of the picture and still remains the Kindle a simple device for reading.

Yet, speculation was made when Amazon bought a start company, Touchco. The said company is developing multi-touch screen panels. Which, we can therefore conclude, that the Kindle is in its way to evolve and challenge the iPad.

Do you still want a Kindle?

Do I still want a Kindle for myself? Hmmm. . . .. iPad or Kindle? $600 or $250? Multi-touch panels, multi-media applications and web-browsing against an plain and simple eBook Reader? The iPad is very seductive, but, as long as I want to read, I don't want strain my eyes with those LED or LCD glares. An eBook will still do. If Amazon wants it to be slimmer, yes pls. More storage and a Wi-Fi would be very helpful.

The iPad is still the best. I just don't want to spend my $600 for it. Let it swim in the consumer’s world first and let the hardware issues suffice. It's on sale and so is the field test continues and we the consumers and our $600 is the test subject (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment