Monday, May 31, 2010

Boys Hard Habit to Break with 40 sticks a day?

It's everywhere. Posted on Facebook and then suddenly blocked or removed. What's this hype that everyone wanted to see. When I heard about it, I've scoured through then net and then recently I've finally got it.

Excited on what I'm about to see, but when I'd finally got to see it, I was dismayed. Many found it amusing and interesting. For me, it's a complete tragedy and it was the most horrible thing I have ever seen. Who have ever thought the milk is best for babies.

Well, think again, for a toddler in Sumatra was hooked on this bad habit of nicotine since he was 18 months old. He was an attraction in his village and I think the parents were amused with his 40 pack of cigarettes a day. An average adult could do as much 1 pack a day and yet this boy slams the floor and cried when he can't have his vice.

The Danger of Smoking and the Nicotine in it.

Nicotine is considered to be the most addictive substance in the world. Why? Just take a good count of smokers in the world compared to illegal addictive substance user out there. Nicotine once introduced in the system, specially in the lungs through smoking, it will stay there forever and your lung is a goner.

It could do such harm to an adult how much more to a toddler.

Who's to Blame?

I hear rumor about this boy, that his parents are getting help not by stopping his addiction, but, because they couldn't support his 2 pack of cigarette a day. Sounds funny but could be true. Come to think of it, it was the father who introduced to smoking and what could he possibly be thinking about that. Those are clear indication of parents being irresponsible.

In spite of that, the parent and the neighborhood found it very amusing and in fact it became a sideshow in their village. The boy really needs help and I was just glad, after hearing the later part of the video, that the he was in a rehabilitation and in Indonesia's child protection and supervision.

No comments:

Post a Comment