Thursday, June 10, 2010

Movies: '80s re-configured.

Recent movies produced recently were indeed a hit and spectacular. Big production, great actors and stunning visual effects. From the trailers and previews, it doesn't fail to wow us. Well, most of them. Most of all love the movies. It's an affordable mode for recreation other than vices. In spite of a tight budget, we just can't let a good movie pass us by.

But, haven't you notice, most of the movies we have lately are blast from the past. You may not notice it, for you may not feel like 'DejaVu'. Were not being "time zapped into the past. But, the main point is, do we have any fresh writers today or any other screen or novel writers out there for a movie franchise? Instead of making new movies, we are relying mostly on remakes. What's making it worse we have 1, 2 or 3 franchise for that same movie, a Trilogy in other words.

Attack of the '80s

Name all you want, Transformers, G.I. Joe, The A-Team, Mission Impossible, The Karate Kid and many more & more to come I guess. I love these movies very much and I love to watch them all over again the way it was before.

I heard romurs that we are expecting more to come from the '80s, especially the from cartoons back then. We may have Smurf, Voltron, and Thundercats. Which made me more afraid because, you see in Youtube those fan made, version of movies, and they have there E.T. What! oh no! it's close already to Mac and Me. Now, it is really getting out of hand. It was cute back then, yet I can’t imagine producers will portray them in the 21st century film.

The desperation of an '80s movie made true in a 21st century Technology.

You know what's the other reason, why we are re-inventing the '80s movie? When I saw Trasnformers, only one thing got into my mind. That's, wow! I'm thanks to the advance CGI. I've watch how an animation being interfaced with live action on the movie back then, and I was already happy with "stepped" motion of the Cracken, Medusa and other creatures in Clash of the Titans. And yet lately, it rocks! That's what I'm talking about.

My conclusion to this remakes and the benefits of technology provided them, is there will come a time that we no longer needs real human actors. I don't mean Humanoid Robots will portray in a film. I mean, everything will be animated to perfection and Human like in all aspect. From the appearance, the movement, and the acting would be similar. Therefore actors are getting obsolete or might as well convert to being dubbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment